The editorial policy of the Irish Journal of Arts Management and Cultural Policy reflects the editorial board’s desire to provide a more diverse, representative and inclusive platform for academics and emerging researchers, those involved in both creative and management practice in the cultural sector, and policymakers, to engage with questions of policy and management on cultural issues across the island of Ireland.
The journal seeks to maintain a commitment to publishing original academic research papers, to highlight emerging research from the wealth of student work at MA level on the island, and provide an opportunity for cultural managers, practitioners and policymakers to reflect on policies and practices shaping the cultural sector here.
Submissions are considered in support of this policy under five principal sections:
- Academic papers based on peer-reviewed original research: principally considered as research engaging with the policy and management of cultural issues in Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland
- Book Reviews: reviews offering a critique of, and drawing attention new publications of relevance to the arts management and cultural policy research and practice community in Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland
- Policy and Report Reviews: reviews and reflections on recent policy and reports published in Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland
- Perspectives on Practice: showcasing current practice in arts management, heritage management and cultural policy in Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland
- New Voices: Postgraduate Research: short summary articles summarising original postgraduate research work at master’s level and above
Proposals for special issues of the journal are also always welcome.
For further enquiries, please contact the corresponding Section Editor:
|Research articles||Dr Victoria Durreremail@example.com|
|Book reviews||Dr Niamh NicGhabhannfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Policy reviews||Dr Victoria Durreremail@example.com|
|Perspectives on Practice||Dr Ali FitzGibbonfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|New Voices: Postgraduate Research||Pat Cookeemail@example.com|
|General enquiries||Laura Ryan (Assistant Editor)||firstname.lastname@example.org|